If you are experiencing problems opening your Point of Sale company file after installing the latest Windows 10 update, you are not alone. But fear not, there is an easy fix!
Why is this happening?
This latest Windows 10 update is stopping the Intuit Entitlement Service associated with your Point of Sale software resulting in issues with Company Operations screen loops, causing inability to open the Point of Sale company file.
What you need to do
Perform the following steps to access your data file in Point of Sale:
- Close the Point of Sale program
- Press Windows + R keys to open the Run dialog box
- Type in services.msc and select enter. Then select the Intuit Entitlement Service v8 for 2013 and 12.0
- Right click on the Intuit Entitlement Service and select Properties from the right click menu
- On the Properties window, on the Startup type drop down menu, select Automatic (Delayed Start).
- Start the service, if it is not already, by clicking on the Start button.
- Click on the OK button to close the properties window.
- Close the Services window by clicking the X in the upper right corner.
- Reopen the Point of Sale program
Contact us if you need help performing these steps or continue to experience issues with your Point of Sale software.